ATLANTA, Texas — The Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) announced they will install eight new safety lighting systems during the coming year, according to new plans approved by the department in December.
TXDOT says the projects should begin in March and take approximately one year to complete.
“Nighttime lighting systems at the intersections that will have energy efficient LED lighting and will better illuminate the roadways,” Director of Transportation Operations for TxDOT in Atlanta, Rebecca Wells, said. “The LED lights are brighter and more cost efficient than our old lighting systems.”
The contract of the safety lighting projects was awarded to Cedar Hill, Texas’ Highway Intelligent Traffic Solutions, Inc. with a bid of $1.1 million.
Here is the list of all eight intersections where the lighting systems will be installed:
- In Cass County: SH 77 at FM 3129.
- In Harrison County: SH 43 at FM 2625.
- In Marion County: FM 248 at FM 2683.
- In Morris County: I-30 at US 259.
- In Titus County: I-30 at FM 1993 and I-30 at County Road 2500.
- In Upshur County: FM 726 at FM 1845 and FM 726 at FM 1650.