ATLANTA, Texas — The Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) says they are continuing with the widening of a bridge at Jennings Slough on U.S.-67 with signal lights controlling one-way traffic.
The transportation department is also continuing to replace bridges over State Highway 8 at the Sulphur River, the Bowie-Cass County line.
For Cass County, those are the only two projects.
In nearby Bowie County, the transportation department is also reconstructing and widening of the highway on Interstate 30 from FM-989 to the Arkansas state line in Texarkana.
There will be daytime work in the median, and motorists should watch for trucks and equipment pulling onto the interstate.
TXDOT is also continuing to replace the bridge over Anderson Creek on State Highway 98. Traffic restricted to one lane with signal lights controlling traffic through work zone.
Throughout the rest of Bowie County, there is a ramp rehabilitation on Interstate 30 at the 207 exit/Spur 594. The I-30 westbound lanes in the area will be restricted to one lane, and the ramp will be closed.
Eastbound from U.S.-259, there are drainage upgrades on I-30. Traffic will be limited to one lane, according to TXDOT.
Here is a list of other roadwork throughout the TXDOT-Atlanta district:
- SL 255 – From FM 1520 to US 271, constructing highway. County Road 2120 detoured
- I-20 – At US 59 overpass, replacing bridge. US 59 traffic shifted to southbound lanes
- I-20 – Concrete pavement repair. Various daytime lane closures, expect delays
- I-20 – At Lansing Switch Road, constructing new bridge over interstate. Lansing Switch Road closed to through traffic. Possible lane closures on I-20
- SH 43 – At Kansas City Southern Railroad in Karnack, widening bridge over railroad. Signal lights controlling one-way traffic
- US 80 – From Loop 390 to Interstate 20, resurfacing highway. Daytime lane closures, expect delays
- CR 2116 – At Haggerty Creek, replacing bridge. Bridge closed to through traffic
- US 59 – FM 1186 to Panola County line, installing safety barrier cable. Daily lane closures
- US 59 – From SH 49 to two miles north of SH 49, repairing and resurfacing highway, possible lane closures
- CR 3306 – At Mill Creek, replacing bridge. Bridge closed to through traffic
- SH 49 – From Titus County line to FM 144, repairing and resurfacing highway
- US 59 (Loop) – From Business 59 North of Carthage to US 79 East, rehabilitating highway. US 79 traffic shifted to NB lanes at US 59 Loop. US 59 Loop SB exit ramp & NB entrance ramp closed
- CR 224 – At Irons Bayou, replacing bridge. Bridge closed to through traffic
- US 59 – From Harrison County line to Loop 149, installing safety barrier cable. Daily lane closures
- SH 49 – From FM 1735 to Morris County line, repairing and resurfacing highway
- SH 49 – From Business 271 to Mount Pleasant city limits, repairing and resurfacing highway. One-lane, two-way traffic
- US 271 – At Dickson Creek, Big Slough Creek, White Oak Creek & White Oak Creek Relief. Replacing bridges
- US 271 – From 5.9 miles north of SH 155 to 1.5 miles north of SH 155, resurfacing highway. Traffic shifted to southbound lanes