TEXARKANA — The Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) says they are resurfacing four highways in Cass County as part of their regularly scheduled projects.
The transportation department has a total of six projects ongoing in Cass County.
Here is where TXDOT is resurfacing the roads in Cass County:
- State Highway 8 – From 2.5 miles north of FM 995 to SH-77.
- FM 3129 – From FM 249 west to SH 77.
- State Highway 77 – From 3.2 miles west of SH-8 to 0.3 miles west of FM 994.
- FM 161 – From Morris County line to FM 130.
There are two regularly scheduled projects in Cass County. The first is the widening of a bridge at Jennings Slough on U.S.-67 with signal lights controlling one-way traffic.
The second is at the Sulphur River at the Bowie-Cass County line on State Highway 8, where the bridges are still being replaced, according to TXDOT.
The transportation department has a total of eight projects ongoing in Bowie County.
The first road resurfacing is on State Highway 8 from Interstate 30 to FM 1840.
The second road resurfacing is on FM 3165 from FM 44 to 2.3 miles west of FM 44.
The third road resurfacing is on FM 558 from State Highway 93 to 5.9 miles south of SH-93.
TXDOT says they are also continuing to replace the bridge over Anderson Creek on State Highway 98. Traffic restricted to one lane with signal lights controlling traffic through work zone.
Throughout the rest of Bowie County, there is a ramp rehabilitation on Interstate 30 at the 207 exit/Spur 594. The I-30 westbound lanes in the area will be restricted to one lane, and the ramp will be closed.
Eastbound from U.S.-259, there are drainage upgrades on I-30. Traffic will be limited to one lane, according to TXDOT.
Also on I-30 eastbound from FM 44 there are drainage upgrades with traffic limited to one lane in some areas.
In Texarkana, the transportation department is continuing to reconstruct and widening of the highway on I-30 from Kings Highway (FM-989) to State Line Avenue.
There will be daytime work in the median, and motorists should watch for trucks and equipment pulling onto the interstate.
Here is a list of other roadwork throughout the TXDOT-Atlanta district:
- SL 255 – From FM 1520 to US 271, constructing highway. County Road 2120 detoured
- I-20 – At US 59 overpass, replacing bridge. US 59 traffic shifted to southbound lanes
- I-20 – Concrete pavement repairs. Various daytime lane closures, expect delays
- I-20 – At Lansing Switch Road, constructing new bridge over interstate. Lansing Switch Road closed to through traffic. Possible lane closures on I-20
- SH 43 – At Kansas City Southern Railroad in Karnack, widening bridge over railroad. Signal lights controlling one-way traffic
- US 80 – From Loop 390 to Interstate 20, resurfacing highway. Daytime lane closures
- CR 2116 – At Haggerty Creek, replacing bridge. Bridge closed to through traffic
- US 59 – FM 1186 to Panola County line, installing safety barrier cable. Daily lane closures
- Cider Lane, Hallsville – From US 80 to Cal Young Rd. Construct pedestrian ramps & shared use path. Daytime lane closures
- US 59 – From SH 49 to two miles north of SH 49, repairing and resurfacing highway
- CR 3306 – At Mill Creek, replacing bridge. Bridge closed to through traffic
- SH 49 – From Titus County line to FM 144, repairing and resurfacing highway
- US 259 – From FM 338 to US 67. Resurfacing road
- US 259 – Lone Star N. city limits to SH 11. Resurfacing road
- US 59 (Loop) – From Business 59 North of Carthage to US 79 East, rehabilitating highway. US 79 traffic shifted to SB lanes at US 59 Loop. US 59 Loop NB entrance ramp closed
- CR 224 – At Irons Bayou, replacing bridge. Bridge closed to through traffic
- US 59 – From Harrison County line to Loop 149, installing safety barrier cable. Daily lane closures
- SH 49 – From FM 1735 to Morris County line, repairing and resurfacing highway
- SH 49 – From Business 271 to Mount Pleasant city limits, repairing and resurfacing highway. One-lane, two-way traffic
- US 271 – At Dickson Creek, Big Slough Creek, White Oak Creek & White Oak Creek Relief. Replacing bridges
- US 271 – From 5.9 miles north of SH 155 to 1.5 miles north of SH 155, resurfacing highway. Traffic shifted to southbound lanes
- US 259 – From Meddlin Creek to .5 miles south of FM 450, resurfacing highway