TEXARKANA — The Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) says they are continuing to replace the bridges over the Sulphur River at the Bowie-Cass County line on State Highway 8.
For Cass County, the only other TXDOT project is the widening of a bridge at Jennings Slough on U.S.-67 with signal lights controlling one-way traffic.
The Texarkana area has three roadway projects. The first is the reconstruction and widening of the highway on Interstate 30. There will be daytime work in the median, and motorists should watch for trucks and equipment pulling onto the interstate.
The second is the resurfacing of FM-2240 (Moores Lane) from FM-559 (Richmond Road) to FM-1397 (Summerhill Road). Traffic limited to one lane during nightly operations.
The third is the resurfacing of State Highway 93 (Summerhill Road) from U.S.-67 to I-30. Lane closures during nightly operations.
Throughout the rest of Bowie County, there is a ramp rehabilitation on I-30 at the 207 exit/Spur 594. The I-30 westbound lanes in the area will be restricted to one lane, and the ramp will be closed.
Near New Boston eastbound near U.S.-82 on I-30, there is a resurfacing of the highway that cause traffic to be limited to one lane.
The bridge over Anderson Creek on State Highway 98 continues to be replaced. Traffic restricted to one lane with signal lights controlling traffic through work zone.
Here is a list of other roadwork throughout the TXDOT-Atlanta district:
- SL 255 – From FM 1520 to US 271, constructing highway. County Road 2120 detoured
- I-20 – At US 59 overpass, replacing bridge. US 59 traffic shifted to southbound lanes
- I-20 – Concrete pavement repair. Various daytime lane closures, expect delays
- I-20 – At Lansing Switch Road, constructing new bridge over interstate. Lansing Switch Road closed to through traffic. Possible lane closures on I-20
- SH 43 – At Kansas City Southern Railroad in Karnack, widening bridge over railroad. Signal lights controlling one-way traffic
- US 80 – From Loop 390 to Interstate 20, resurfacing highway. Daytime lane closures, expect delays
- CR 2116 – At Haggerty Creek, replacing bridge. Bridge closed to through traffic
- US 59 – From SH 49 to two miles north of SH 49, repairing and resurfacing highway, possible lane closures
- FM 728 – Near Berea, box culvert work
- CR 3306 – At Mill Creek, replacing bridge. Bridge closed to through traffic
- SH 49 – From Titus County line to FM 144, repairing and resurfacing highway
- US 59 (Loop) – From Business 59 North of Carthage to US 79 East, rehabilitating highway. US 79 traffic shifted to NB lanes at US 59 Loop. US 59 Loop SB exit ramp & NB entrance ramp closed
- CR 224 – At Irons Bayou, replacing bridge. Bridge closed to through traffic
- US 59 – From Harrison County line to Loop 149, installing safety barrier cable. Daily lane closures
- SH 49 – From FM 1735 to Morris County line, repairing and resurfacing highway
- SH 49 – From Business 271 to Mount Pleasant city limits, repairing and resurfacing highway. One-lane, two-way traffic
- US 271 – At Dickson Creek, Big Slough Creek, White Oak Creek & White Oak Creek Relief. Replacing bridges
- US 271 – From 5.9 miles north of SH 155 to 1.5 miles north of SH 155, resurfacing highway. Traffic shifted to southbound lanes