TEXARKANA — The Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) continues to replace bridges over the Sulphur River on State Highway 8.
The work is one of six TXDOT projects ongoing in Bowie County. For Cass County, the bridge replacement is one of three.
The other two TXDOT Cass County projects include the widening of a bridge at Jennings Slough on U.S.-67 with signal lights controlling one-way traffic. There is also a road resurfacing and bridge rail improvements resulting in a southbound lane closure on U.S.-59 1.2 miles south of FM 2328 northbound to FM 2328 southbound.
Here are the rest of the road projects in the northeast Texas district:
- I-30 – From FM 989 to AR State Line, reconstructing and widening highway, concrete paving in median
- I-30 – From FM 989 to FM 3419, extension of frontage roads. FM 2148 closed under I-30 bridge
- I-30 – Westbound at Exit 207/Spur 594, ramp rehabilitation. Exit & entrance ramps closed. Westbound traffic restricted to one lane
- I-30 – From SH 8 eastbound, drainage upgrades. Traffic limited to one lane in some areas
- SH 98 – At Anderson Creek, bridge replacement. Traffic restricted to one lane with signal lights controlling traffic through work zone
- SL 255 – From FM 1520 to US 271, constructing highway, County Road 2120 detoured
- US 59 – At I-20, replacing bridge. US 59 traffic shifted to southbound lanes
- I-20 – Concrete pavement repairs. Daytime lane closures
- I-20 – Bridge maintenance. Lane closures on north frontage road at Mason Creek
- I-20 – At Lansing Switch Road, constructing new bridge over interstate. Lansing Switch Road open to traffic
- SH 43 – At Kansas City Southern Railroad in Karnack, widening bridge over railroad. Signal lights controlling one-way traffic
- FM 3001 – At Little Cypress Bayou Relief. Replacing bridge. Temporary traffic signals in place, lane closure with two-way traffic
- US 59 (Loop) – From Business 59 north of Carthage to US 79 east, rehabilitating highway. Roadways open, seal coat scheduled
- US 59 – From Harrison County line to US 79 north, installing safety barrier cable. Daily lane closures
- SH 149 – 0.8 miles south of SH 315 to US 59. Widening road
- US 271 – At Dickson Creek, Big Slough Creek, White Oak Creek & White Oak Creek Relief, replacing bridges
- US 271 – From 5.9 miles north of SH 155 to 1.5 miles north of SH 155, resurfacing road. Lane, shoulder closures