TEXARKANA — The Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) continues to replace bridges over State Highway 8 on the Bowie-Cass County line across the Sulphur River.
For Cass County, the bridge replacement is one of three projects from the transportation department.
The other two Cass County projects include the widening of a bridge at Jennings Slough on U.S.-67 with signal lights controlling one-way traffic. There is also a road resurfacing and bridge rail improvements resulting in a southbound lane closure on U.S.-59 1.2 miles south of FM 2328 northbound to FM 2328 southbound.
In Bowie County, there are one of six ongoing projects.
The first is a bridge at Anderson Creek on State Highway 98 in Bowie County. Traffic is restricted to one lane with signal lights controlling traffic through work zone.
Throughout the rest of Bowie County, Interstate 30 is the site of four TXDOT construction projects. From FM 989 (Richmond Road, Texarkana) to the Arkansas state line there is reconstruction and widening of the highway with a concrete paving in the median. From FM 989 to FM 3419 the frontage roads are being extended, and FM 2148 is closed under the I-30 bridge.
The westbound exit 207/Spur 594 on I-30 is having ramp rehabilitation with the exit and entrance ramps closed. Westbound traffic restricted to one lane.
From State Highway 8 on I-30 eastbound there are drainage upgrades and traffic is limited to one lane in some areas.
Here are the rest of the road projects in the northeast Texas district:
- SL 255 – From FM 1520 to US 271, constructing highway, County Road 2120 detoured
- US 59 – At I-20, replacing bridge. US 59 traffic shifted to southbound lanes
- I-20 – Concrete pavement repairs. Daytime lane closures
- I-20 – Bridge maintenance. Lane closures on north frontage road at Mason Creek
- I-20 – At Lansing Switch Road, constructing new bridge over interstate. Lansing Switch Road open to traffic
- SH 43 – At Kansas City Southern Railroad in Karnack, widening bridge over railroad. Signal lights controlling one-way traffic
- FM 3001 – At Little Cypress Bayou Relief. Replacing bridge. Temporary traffic signals in place, lane closure with two–way traffic
- US 59 (Loop) – From Business 59 north of Carthage to US 79 east, rehabilitating highway. Roadways open, seal coat scheduled
- US 59 – From Harrison County line to US 79 north, installing safety barrier cable. Daily lane closures
- SH 149 – 0.8 miles south of SH 315 to US 59. Widening road
- US 271 – At Dickson Creek, Big Slough Creek, White Oak Creek & White Oak Creek Relief, replacing bridges
- US 271 – From 5.9 miles north of SH 155 to 1.5 miles north of SH 155, resurfacing road. Lane, shoulder closures