Atlanta, Texas — The Atlanta Rabbits rallied down 10 points in the fourth quarter to run past the Jefferson Bulldogs 28-24 Friday night at Rabbit Stadium.
Kieth Kinney and Dra Nelson led the rushing attack for the Rabbs. Kinney produced 140 yards and a touchdown on 18 carries while Nelson tallied 95 yards and two touchdowns on 15 carries. Cody Maxie also added a carry for two yards.
Kade Wood completed 7-of-14 for 182 yards and a touchdown while also adding 34 yards on the ground with six carries. Alijuah Drayton completed one pass for 13 yards as part of his three-catch, 52-yard night.
Terunte Neal led all Atlanta receivers with two catches for 78 yards. J.J. Fields produced a 29-yard touchdown catch, and Maxie added a 4-yard catch, Kinney a 23-yard catch, and Wood even hauling in Drayton’s 13-yard catch.
The Rabbs improve to 5-4 overall with a 3-2 district record. Atlanta has an open week next week, but conclude their regular season two weeks from now at the Hooks Hornets.
Jefferson drops to 6-2 on the season with a 2-2 record in district play. The Bulldogs face the Hornets next Friday night at home.
Scoring Summary Atlanta vs Jefferson:
– 5:32—7-0—Jefferson-3 yd TD run Dee Black PAT good
– 10:13—7-7—Atlanta- 1 yd TD run by Dra Nelson—PAT good
– 8:12-10–7—Jefferson- Landon Fuquay 27 yd Field Goal
– 5:23—10-14—Atlanta- Dra Nelson 21 yd TD run— PAT Good
– 3:50—17-14—Jefferson- 79 yd TD pass Kylan Thomas to Christian Shepard-PAT good
– 10:33—24-14—Jefferson- 8 yd TD run by Kylan Thomas— PAT Good
– 8:56—24-21—Atlanta- 29 yd TD pass Kade Wood to JJ Fields—PAT good
– 2:20—24-28—Atlanta- 39 yd TD run by Kieth Kinney- PAT good