The Mount Vernon Tigers dispatched the Atlanta Rabbits 42-7 Friday night at Don Meredith Stadium.
The Tigers produced 395 total yards to the Rabbs’ 277. Mount Vernon tallied 24 first downs compared to Atlanta’s 24, and was 7-of-18 on third down while the Rabbs were 3-of-11. Atlanta did manage to go 1-of-4 on fourth down while the Tigers were 0-of-1 the entire game.
Cooper McClure produced 7-of-19 for 88 yards and an interception for the Rabbs, while Kade Wood went 1-of-1 for 28 yards. Wood also caught four passes for 62 yards, and J.J. Fields had a 28-yard reception. Daniel Hernandez also caught a pass for 33 yards.
The Rabbs’ ground game tallied 161 yards and a touchdown on 31 carries. Caleb Hamilton had 10 carries for 74 while Keith Kinney had 14 for 62 and a score. McClure also had five carries for 24 yards.
The Rabbs fall to 4-4 on the season with a 2-2 record in district play. Atlanta goes home to host the Jefferson Bulldogs at Rabbit Stadium.
Mount Vernon improves to 6-1 on the season with a 2-1 record in district play. The Tigers stay at home to host the Redwater Dragons.
- 1st Q:
- 06:53—7-0— MV—36 yds TD Pass- Clifton Holloman to Caydon Coffman- PAT Good
- 01:14—14-0— MV—9yd TD pass Holloman to Coffman- PAT good
- 2nd Q:
- 05:05—14-7— ATL— 2yd TD run by Keith Kinney- PAT Good
- 3rd Q:
- 09:50—21-7—MV—1yd TD run by Holloman- PAT Good
- 04:44—28-7—MV—1yd TD run by Holloman- PAT Good
- 4th Q:
- 11:40—35-7—MV—16yd TD run by Holloman- PAT Good
- 11:05—42-7—MV—28yd fumble return by MV Defense- PAT good