TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida State scored seven unanswered runs en route to a 7-3 victory over No. 7 TCU Saturday night at Dick Howser Stadium. Porter Brown homered in the loss for the Horned Frogs.
TCU built a 3-0 lead through the first four innings. A lead-off double and errant throw by the left fielder had Bobby Goodloe standing on third with nobody out in the second. Kurtis Byrne put the Frogs in front, 1-0, with a base hit up the middle.
The lead grew to three in the fourth on a one out, two run home run off the bat of Porter Brown.
Florida State tied the game in the fifth on back-to-back home runs. The comeback was complete in the seventh as the Seminoles struck for four runs on three hits. A lead-off walk put the go-ahead run on. Back-to-back one out hits gave the Seminoles a 4-3 lead. Two batters later, Logan Lacey hit a three-run home run to make it 7-3.
Marcelo Perez went 4 1/3 innings, allowing three runs on five hits, struck out four and walked two in the no-decision. Luke Savage (1-1) took the loss after allowing a run on an hit and a walk in 1 2/3 innings.
Stats of the Game:
8 – TCU stranded eight runners in the first six innings of the game.
- TCU homered in a game for the 23rdtime this season.
- TCU played errorless baseball for the 23rdtime this year.
- Brayden Taylor notched his 16thmulti-hit game of the season and the 39thof his career.
- Bobby Goodloe collected his fourth multi-hit game of the year and the 10thof his career.
- Luke Boyers stretched his reached base streak to 13 games.
- Porter Brown hit his first home run of the season and the fifth of his career.
- Brown posted his first multi-hit game of the year and the 21stof his career.
- Brown tallied his first multi-RBI game of the season and the 12thof his career.
With the loss, TCU drops to 27-16 overall. The Horned Frogs will look to salvage a game in the series Sunday. First pitch is set for 11 a.m. (CT). Brett Walker will get the start for the Horned Frogs. The contest will be televised on ACCNX.