AAA Texas says that there is an uptick in travel plans for 2023 Valentine’s Day as the world continues to open up in the aftermath of the COVID-19 lockdowns.
According to AAA, some travelers are booking 18 months to two years in advance. 73% of travel advisors report that vacationers have strong interest in all-inclusive resorts, which typically is a popular experience for many romantic getaways. An AAA survey has also found that 52% of American adults are “just as likely or more likely” to consider taking a cruise vacation than they were before the pandemic — up from 45% a year ago.
Here are some tips from AAA Texas on how to plan for a romantic getaway:
- Book Travel Protection Plans to ensure you’re covered for unexpected occurrences.
- Book activities or shore excursions early, since they are likely to sell out.
- When traveling internationally, passports must be valid for at least six months prior to your return. AAA Travel can help you rush your passport as well as take your photo.
- Always carry a change of clothes, your medications, your itinerary and any other must-have items in your carry-on luggage.
- Look into arriving a day earlier than the formal start of your tour or cruise and/or staying a day later by booking a hotel room so that you are not too rushed or tired to enjoy your vacation.
- Arrive at the airport early. Recommended time for domestic is 2+ hours and international is 3+ hours.
- Consult with your travel advisor for other vitally important information specific to your destination.