AUSTIN — The reward for one of the 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender and this month’s featured fugitive has jumped to $8,000 for information leading to an arrest.
48-year-old Johnny June Mason, Jr. of Houston is wanted for parole violations and failure to comply with sex offender registration.
Mason, who also has ties to the New Orleans and Baton Rouge areas, was convicted in 1990 of aggravated rape and aggravated crime against nature involving a 16-year-old girl. He was sentenced to 20 years in prison.
Mason stands at 5-8 and weighs around 150 pounds. He has a tattoo of Chinese characters on his left forearm and a scar on his forehead.
All tips leading to the arrest of Mason will be anonymous. So far in 2017, Texas Crime Stoppers has paid $15,000 in total rewards for anonymous tips that resulted in arrests. For more information or updates in the event of his arrest, see his wanted bulletin at: http://www.dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/SexOffenderDetails.aspx?id=349.
Here are the ways tipsters can contact law enforcement and help capture Mason:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters “DPS” – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).