School is out for the summer, but that doesn’t mean learning stops!
The 2017 Northeast Texas 4-H Family & Consumer Sciences “Learn & Play Days” give youth entering 3rd grade through 12th grade hands-on opportunities to learn fashion, canning, kitchen and food safety, how to prepare simple meals, and healthy living.
Participants do not have to be 4-H members.
Each of the six “Play Days” will be held in different counties and are hosted by different county Agents in NE Texas. The cost is $5 per day per person, and is payable at the door of each location.
All “Play Days” will be held from 1:00 pm-4:00 pm and are scheduled:
- June 14th “Kids CANning: in Cass County (Linden)
- June 21st “Foodies in the Kitchen” in Upshur County (Gilmer)
- June 28th “Kitchen Challenge” in Cass County (like the TV show “Chopped Junior”)
- July 19th “Fashion Creations” in Morris County (Daingerfield)
- July 26th “Clothing & Textiles” in Bowie County (New Boston)
- August 16 “Living Healthy” in Marion County (Jefferson)
To help with planning for supplies, please RSVP to the specific county holding the “Play Day” no later than 10 days in advance of the workshop. When RSVP’ing, please include needs regarding auxiliary aids or special dietary or physical accommodations, and the host county will do their best to be supportive.
The NE Texas 4-H Family & Consumer Sciences “Learn & Play Days” are sponsored by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and the Prairie View A&M University Cooperative Extension Program.
Call the Cass County Extension Service at 903-756-5391 for more information on these programs.